Our Curriculum Statement
Sutton Green Primary is committed to meeting the requirements of the primary National Curriculum with a broad and balanced approach.
Our schemes of work reflect the content and challenge of the curriculum. Teachers have received training in key areas of curriculum change and provide good curriculum provision.
The curriculum is taught with the consideration of the needs of all learners. It is exciting and will inspire children to nurture a passion for learning.
Our curriculum includes supporting children to develop life skills such as empathy, consideration, determination and resilience. We achieve this through our behaviour culture of being READY, RESPECTFUL and SAFE.
To enable our curriculum to be effective, we foster adult-pupil relationships through nurture, consistency and a trauma-informed approach.
We assess pupils in a variety of ways so that our curriculum meets their needs. This occurs through a balance of formative methods ( e.g marking and feedback) and summative methods ( e.g. regular testing and gap analysis).
Here at Sutton Green Primary School, it is our mission to offer a broad and balanced , enriching curriculum to all children. We believe a child’s education should be fun, exciting, challenging and varied. We strive to provide this with passion and rigor. We offer high quality teaching to facilitate this outstanding curriculum. We ensure this through effective CPD, rigorous supportive monitoring and workload awareness.
- Engage children through interesting topics and hands-on activities.
- Make meaningful links between subjects.
- Develop children’s skills, knowledge and understanding of a range of themes and concepts.
- Make effective connections to the real world.
- Help children to think creatively and solve problems.
- Develop children’s capacities to work independently and collaboratively.
- Enable children to make choices about their learning.
- Take account of children’s interests and fascinations.
- develops children to the best of their abilities
- helps children to find their passions and interests
- facilitates children’s acquisition of knowledge, skills and understanding
- helps children to develop intellectually, emotionally, socially, physically and morally
- assists children in becoming independent, responsible, useful, confident and considerate members of the community
- promotes a positive attitude towards learning, so children enjoy coming to school
- helps children to acquire a solid basis for lifelong learning
- creates and maintains an exciting and stimulating learning environment
- ensures that each child’s education has continuity and progression
- enables children to contribute positively within a culturally diverse society
Please see below to access more information for specific subjects.
Our Curriculum Policy can also be viewed below.