Vision and Ethos for Learning & Behaviour
Through positive relationships, nurture, safeguarding and high quality education, we help to unlock the potential of all our children in order for them to flourish personally, socially, emotionally and academically. We support children to become happy, compassionate, productive, responsible, creative and respectful individuals.
Learn together, achieve together, succeed together
At Sutton Green Primary School we recognise the value and equal worth of each child as an individual and the importance of nurturing every aspect of the child’s personality – intellectual, creative, emotional, physical and spiritual. Pupils are encouraged to seize learning opportunities and achieve their personal best. The school is committed to raising standards and providing high quality teaching through a caring environment. The school offers a broad and well-balanced curriculum. We value a strong partnership with parents and the wider community. Together we prepare our pupils for their futures.
Ready, Respectful & Safe
It is our mission to support all children in developing behaviour for learning and life through our ethos of always being READY, RESPECTFUL and SAFE. These expectations and our teaching promote outstanding behaviour and attitude to learning at all times. We support all children to conduct themselves according to these values through strong relationships, nurture and high quality, tailored education.
Everyone Welcome - No Outsiders
We are committed to our pledge of 'Everyone Welcome'. We celebrate diversity and educate all children about not discriminating against: age, disability, gender, race, religion, beliefs, relationships or orientation.
- Safeguard children
- Support children through any Adverse Childhood Experience using in-house expertise and outside agencies
- Adopt a trauma-informed approach to behaviour, mindful of the complex needs and experiences of many children
- Get to know each child as an individual so we can cater to their individual needs
- Celebrate all pupils’ successes and achievements
- Provide a stimulating, enjoyable and challenging curriculum so children enjoy learning
- Provide quality after-school provision that include a broad range of enriching activities
- Provide quality before-school provision with breakfast
- Set high expectations that are shared by children and staff
- Develop children’s confidence and self-esteem
- Encourage children to take responsibility for their learning, and roles within school life so that they take with them life long skills
- Work in partnership with families so that they feel proud of their children and their school