UNIFORM IS NOW IN STOCK at the ‘Uniform Shop’
30 Overpool Rd, Ellesmere Port
Please visit the website www.theuniformshopwebsite.co.uk for more information or call the shop on 0151 345 4656 for any further enquiries (March 2022)
At Sutton Green, we feel it is important for pupils to wear school uniform because it:
- Looks smart
- Wears well
- Contributes to a sense of belonging and community
- Gives a common purpose
- Makes pupils feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Fosters a feeling of pride
- Is designed with health and safety in mind
A range of uniform may be worn depending on the preferences of the child or parent
• Green sweatshirt or cardigan (available with school logo, but does not have to have a logo)
• White polo shirt (available with school logo, but does not have to have logo)
• Grey trousers
• Grey skirt or pinafore dress (knee length)
• Green checked dresses in summer term or warmer weather
• Grey long shorts are permitted in summer term or warmer weather
• Black sensible shoes . Open-toed sandles should not be worn for safety reasons.
YEAR 6 pupils wear a burgundy sweatshirt or cardigan (available with school logo, but does not have to have a logo). This is so they stand out amongst their peers as role models in the school and it allows them to feel 'special' as the oldest in the school.
Either a coloured T-shirt (according to their house colour) or white polo shirt, and plain black shorts, leggings, skort or joggers
Red-Robins, Blue-Bluebirds, Green-Parrots, Yellow- Canaries
Black pumps or black trainers
A plain green Hoodie (available from the Uniform Shop) can be worn on PE days, this doesn't have to have a logo
Long hair must be tied back for PE and jewellery, including earrings, removed. If your child cannot remove earrings, then these should be covered with small plasters.
Swimming lessons for KS2 take place at EPSV. Children have to take their own towel. Swimming costumes should be worn (not bikinis) and tight fitted swimming trunks/shorts (not baggy board shorts). These are EPSV rules for health and safety reasons. Googles can be worn if required by pupils, as long as they can put them on and remove independently. Swimming hats are not required.
Children are to arrive in their PE kits on PE days and wear them all day to aid transition and increase learning time.
In general, jewellery is not permitted, unless for religious reasons. We do however allow watches and small stud earrings. Hoop/large earrings should not be worn for health and safety reasons.
Nail polish and heavy make up is also not permitted. This also includes false nails as they pose a health and safety risk.
Headwear such as sports caps or beanies are not permitted during lesson times.
Religious dress, headwear and jewellery is exempt from these expectations.
Remember to put your child’s name on each item of clothing.
Uniform may be purchased at the ‘Uniform Shop’ Whitby Road, Ellesmere Port. 0151 3454656